What is Augmented Reality?
Augmented Reality is blending technology into a real-world environment.
It is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information. In simple words, digital images or graphics are brought into a physical world which can be viewed and interacted with usually by placing the camera on the physical image.
Here, when the camera of the mobile phone is placed on the image which is integrated with Augmented Reality and is scanned with the AR Application, the digital objects, images or videos are seen to be appearing as if in the real world.
How does it work?
1. Scan the QR Code given in the book or print and download the mentioned App. NOTE - This App may not be the same all the time and you may need to scan the QR Code to check if the same App is mentioned for the particular book
2. Scan the Cover or particular images inside the book or magazine marked as AR Enabled with the downloaded App and enjoy seamless AR Experience
How does AR help readers or viewers?
1. Easily connect to the book or visualize what is inside hence enabling them to make a better decision to get their copies
2. Get connected to the authors, writers or bloggers when the latter wants to add his or her personal touch by seeing him or her through the book itself
3. Get to see a trailer of the book as a movie trailer before checking out the entire content
How does AR benefit authors, writers and creators?
1. Connect faster and easily to their potential readers by enabling them a clear visualization of their book
2. Send across their message in their own words or recorded video when the readers see them by scanning their images or QR Codes on the book
3. Provide a unique spellbound experience to their readers to enjoy a virtual world superimposed on their paperback copies in reality
4. Multiply their reach to a great extent attracting reviewers, potential news and journals, theatre and film agents to visualize the story inside and take up for further projects
5. Direct traffic to their own channel or site and encourage readers and viewers to check their individual pages simultaneously
6. Access powerful analytics reports to check how and from where the readers and audience are engaging
1. Since the image scanning for Augmented Reality involves both bandwidth as well as space usage, there is a monthly fee involved part of which is shared by the company and part by the author or writer
2. Authors, writers or bloggers may keep their monthly subscription on or give breaks and enable the AR scanning on during promos, launches or events which is up to them